Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Topics

I have been thinking that it would be fun to have a special group blog every Tuesday. Here is how it would work. Each Tuesday I will give a topic, quote, or scripture for all of us to think about and study for the week and then the following Sunday I will post a blog with my thoughts and everyone can add their insights as well through comments. Everyone should leave their comments by Tuesday, so that when we come back to get the new topic, we can read all the additional insights that have been posted.

I think this will be a fun way for us to inspire each other and learn from one another. I hope you all will join in. We have so many different experiences and perspectives to share, I think we will really edify one another through this process. I look forward to it! Please feel free to let anyone know about it who might also have an interest in participating. Also please feel free to email me any topics you would be interested in studying.

This week's topic will be "Joy." We'll see you Sunday!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like a wonderful thing for us to do. See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

See you Sunday!

Thanks for doing this. hopefully it will encourage me to get on the ball with my scripture study...

Colleen said...

I think I am entering this quote on the wrong day, but, oh well. It's about joy and I think it's true. So here it is.

"Only the soul that knows the mighty grief can know the mighty rapture. Sorrows come to stretch out spaces in the heart for joy." Edwin Markham

I think that when we go through hard or sad and discouraging times, its certain that better times are coming down the road and it will be all the sweeter because we've felt sorrow. The hard times in life don't last and neither do the high points. Life is a mix of both. When I hit a time when everything is going well for me and Dad and for all of you kids and I feel that you all are happy and things in general are at a good place then it's 'recess' time for me and I feel joy.

Kristine Tanner said...

Thanks! I like that quote. It is true. I think we recognize joy more fully after we have felt sorrow. Sorry it took me awhile to get me post up today. I will try to do it sooner next time.